Monday, April 11, 2016

Scratching The Surface, My #NewMusic #Studio Project



I suppose I could have called it "My Glorified, Self-Indulgent, Demos Project," but that seems a bit too on point.  Haha! Anyway, the truth is that the root of this whole thing is my desire to finally put some of my own music out into the world after many years of being consumed by other, granted incredibly wonderful, music related projects (see www.ArcadiaCMAS.com as a primary example) if only to keep my own Creative Process evolving.

Trouble is, if I am being honest, I am never fully convinced that what I am creating, much less how I am capturing it, is up to a high enough standard.  Yeah, I know that I am far from alone in that, but, regardless, I've learned that, at least for myself, if I don't find some way to push myself past that concern, I'll never release anything.  No, I'm not saying that I'm looking to just put anything out with no standards, but I, at least for now, want some kind of flexibility in this.

So "Scratching The Surface."  It's the "scratch" part actually that's key.  Scratch as in Scratch-Track.  This way I can continue to refine without the pressure of "perfect." Will this matter to my limited (exclusive?  yeah, that sounds better! LOL) audience?  I have no idea, but, like everything else I do, it would seem this is a work in progress, and the truth is that I kinda like that.  I feel like I am at a point where, while I still, of course, want the best results I can possibly get, but more than that I love the idea of my Creative process moving forward, and even more so, documenting that movement by creating and releasing as much music as I can.

You can check out some of the music here:
https://soundcloud.com/richard-maxwell
https://richardmaxwell.bandcamp.com/releases
https://www.reverbnation.com/rchrdmxwll

No comments:

Post a Comment